SHAPING SPACE TO MAKE LIFE MORE PRACTICAL, BEAUTIFUL AND LIVEABLE.
INTERIORS PLAY AN IMPORTANT ROLE...
Our living spaces are intrinsic to our state of mind and well-being. We immerse ourselves in these spaces everyday and they deserve careful consideration.
They should express our personality, taste and lifestyle. They should stimulate us, calm us and nurture us. If planned correctly an interior design renovation can change your life.
ROUGH SILK Design can help you define your interior design goals, objectives and style; and then carefully develop a compelling design scheme that aligns with your vision and budget. We can help you work through the complex options and decisions and manage the realisation of your project.
SKILLS & SERVICES
Our full-service process starts with an Initial Consultation and steps through the following stages:-
- Brief - Initial Consultation, ‘Getting to Know You’ Quiz, Style Preferences, Return Brief
- Site Analysis - Interior Site Survey, Furniture Inventory, Create Existing Plans
- Concept Development - Mood Board, Space Planning, Preliminary Floor Plans
- Design Development - Source Finishes, Furniture & Fittings, Create Design Boards, Finalise Plans; Prepare Required Elevations; Create Cost Schedule
- Design Approval - Client Presentation, Design Amendments, Showroom Visits
- Working Drawings & Documentation - Prepare any necessary ‘Construction’ drawings with dimensions, set-out points, installation instructions etc; Scope of Works
- Tender/Pricing - Obtain Quotes
- Procurement - Purchase Furniture, Finishes & Fittings; Organise Deliveries
- Construction & Installation - Meetings with Contractor/Trades; Progress Inspections
- Interior Styling - Shop for Decor; Style the Space
You may simply require a push in the right direction with a dynamic concept or a more practical furniture layout. Or perhaps you want us to help you through the logistics of the whole project? We can tailor our stages to suit your needs and adjust the level of service.
We also offer Colour Consultations and 'one-off' Interior Design Discovery Sessions.
MEET THE DESIGNER
With a degree in Interior Design and over 12 years working as a Commercial Interior Designer, Michelle Mathieson, Creator and Founder of RSd is well-practised in the principles of good design and has honed her eye for colour, detail, scale, proportion and balance.
She is passionate about thoughtful spatial design and would welcome the opportunity to guide you through your residential interior make-over.
A little story about a house in the 'burbs....
"We moved from a cool little pad in Glebe to the north-western suburbs of Sydney at the end of 2012. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I love living here. But I will admit that I had my reservations and fears about leaving the City.
Sacrificing the happening buzz, pace and culture of the City magnified my desire for our home to reflect a modern, up-to-date lifestyle. It had to be practical but it also had to have the potential to be ‘chic’.
I wanted to ease my transition into the 'burbs, express my identity and feel psychologically connected to city life and style. I needed to believe that I could transform our house into an urban-chic, contemporary home.
We sold that 1970s house in Westleigh making a lot of money and receiving multiple compliments about the modern interior styling.
I can help you find the potential in your home to achieve the same outcomes".
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Check out our Consultation Price List and contact us today to arrange a meeting with Michelle.